Our 6 week Express or 12 week F2F Educational Class is for…
family, partners, caregivers, and friends who have a loved with serious mental illness.
Registration is required. To register for our FREE classes
We offer a 12-week and a 6-week express course.
We offer a 12-week and a 6-week express course. The course is a series of weekly classes structured to help family members understand and support their ill loved one while maintaining their own well being. The course is taught by a team of trained family members who know what it’s like to have a loved one with a serious mental illness in the family. There is no cost to participate in the NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program and all course materials are free. Over 115,000 family members in the U.S. and Canada have completed this course. We think you will be pleased by how much assistance the program offers. We invite you to call for more information. Registration is required.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE INCLUDE?
Current information about schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder (manic depression), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and co-occurring brain disorders and addictive disorders, up-to-date information about medications, side effects, and strategies for medication adherence, current research related to the biology of brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery.
NAMI By the Beach Family-to-Family Education Program is a FREE class for family, partners, caregivers, and friends who have a loved one with serious mental illness:
- Bipolar Disorder (also called Manic Depression)
- Major Depression
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder
- Panic Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Co-occurring Brain Disorders and Addictive Disorder
- You will find answers to the following questions:
- What happens during a psychiatric crisis?
- What type of treatment is available for those with mental illness?
- What is the best way to communicate with my loved one?